5 major benefits of staying hydrated:
Water accounts for 60% of your body. Most of the doctors suggest following 8 ounce rule of water because of the little science attached to it. In fact The Institute of Medicines (IOM) recommends about 3 liters of fluid intake for men and about 2.5 liters of fluid total for women each day. This fluid not only consists of water but the other liquid sources as well such as fruit juice, fruits, vegetables etc. For athletes or people doing heavy workout higher intake of water or liquid substance is recommended.
Now let us understand the 5 major benefits of staying hydrated:
- Water helps prevent Dry mouth: Water helps in keeping your throat and lips hydrated. A well hydrated mouth ensures that you don’t have bad breath or taste in your mouth along with that it also prevents cavities.
- Effective Brain Function: As per "National Library of Medicine" its one of study states that “Mild Dehydration Affects Mood in Healthy Young Women & Men. Mild dehydration ranges between 1-3% and this can also lead to Headaches, Frequent mood swings and lower level of concentration. It is highly recommended to stay hydrated when you’re doing any form of physical exercises.
- Improves Cardiovascular performance: If you are the kind of person who loves doing exercises or have recently started doing work out than being hydrated before exercising is one of the key behind better results. As per recent study even if you lose 2% of water content from your body than it can lead to changed body temperature, reduced motivation and you gradually start feeling more tired because of less oxygen supply to your body.
- Water helps in reducing weight: Water helps in reducing weight. Drinking excess amount of water leads to increased metabolism rate. In fact drinking water 30 minutes prior before taking your meal this will lead to fewer intakes of calories and thus directly affects your body. Many dietician also recommend having Hot water before your meal but honestly it doesn’t affect much whether you drink HOT OR COLD water.
- Relieve constipation: In every house you’ll find at least 1-2 person having constipation related issue and the key reason behind this is their less intake of water supplements. People tends to consumer more “tea and coffee” in the name of liquid fluids but this isn’t the effective manner if they want to be relieved from it.
Not only these benefits but drinking water also helps in treating kidney stones as higher intake of liquids increases the volume of urine which goes through the kidneys which dilutes the concentration of minerals, thus making them less likely to crystallize and form clumps. Apart from that being hydrated cleanse your body Inside-Out and gives you a glowing and healthy skin.