5 Water borne disease and their Precautions:
Water is a life giver and so at the same time is a life taker if not used carefully and this mainly happen when you’ve consumed contaminated water. According to WHO (World Health Organization) every year, more than 3.4 million people die from the water-borne diseases which is in itself an alarming figure. But in present, more and more people have switched to water purifiers for better health benefits.
In contaminated water the pathogens available are invisible to the human eyes and are responsible for the various form of diseases like bacteria, viruses, and protozoa to count a few.
Now the most occurring disease happening due to contaminated water is:
- Typhoid: It could be caused by consuming the food and water that have been infected with viruses and bacteria. Also, it may transfer to food and water while cooking.
- Symptoms: Fever, weakness in body, headache, and stomach pains etc.
- Precaution: Try using filtered water to wash vegetables and fruits. Start using filtered drinking Hot or Cold
- Cholera: It is an acute diarrhea illness and is widely caused by the infection in intestine.
- Symptoms: Upset stomach, diarrhea, vomiting, dehydration and Nausea.
- Precaution: Drink and use safe filtered water. Wash your hand frequently and try using sanitizer. Make sure you surrounding is neat and clean.
- Hepatitis E: This virus is a real cause of the disease which can be largely spared by the uses of drinking contaminated water. Its chances of occurrence are high in the areas where human waste is allowed to be thrown into different water resources.
- Symptoms: Dark urine, pale stools, jaundice and an acute illness that damages liver cells, and sometimes might also cause the death.
- Precaution: Don’t consume the contaminated water or street food cooked in unhealthy oil, avoid eating under-cooked meat, and wash your hands with the water and soap after using a bathroom or toilets.
- Hepatitis A: It is a liver related disease and caused by the virus hepatitis. It is easily transmitted in the poor sanitary conditions and it is contagious.
- Symptoms: The most common issues are jaundice or the yellowness of the skin, eyes, and dark yellowish urine, fatigue loss of appetite, fever, stomach pain and nausea.
- Precaution: Keep distance from the people having Hepatitis A, keep yours surrounding clean and avoid handshakes. Drink clean and filtered water.
- Giardia and Cryptosporidium: These are the microscopic organism that could be found in water body. It can be found in tap drinking water as well as recreational water.
- Symptoms: Regular weight loss, diarrhea and abdominal cramps are few of the common symptoms whereas in cryptosporidium are more of similar to giardia but it can also lead to headaches and nausea.
- Precaution: Avoid swimming while suffering from diarrhea as the contaminated recreation water can harm you much and keep proper sanitization around you.
By now we have seen the most common water borne disease and one of the common precautions in all these disease is consuming safe drinking water.
One of the most reliable sources of drinking clean water is by installing a water purifier at your home; it can be a Hot and Cold purifier or a basic Alkaline water purifier. At Bepure.store we have made the most affordable and effective purifiers so that a consumer don’t have to compromise with the quality while buying the product.
You can also install Water softener if the water supplied in your area is of poor quality.