Our source of water at home, offices, schools, factories or any other place varies from region to region and thus we receive different quality of water.
And this changed water quality forces us to use the different water purifier technology. So before discussing about water purifier let us first understand the different types of technology lets first understand what’s TDS, RO, UF and UV.
TDS (Total Dissolved Water) There are various Minerals, salts or dissolved metals such as calcium, chloride, nitrate, iron etc are dissolved in water which is known as TDS and as per BIS Bureau of Indian Standards 300 -500 mg/liter is considered drinkable and beyond that there is a requirement of water filtration equipment.
RO (Reverse Osmosis) is a process which helps in elimination of water harshness and removal of contaminants like fluoride, chlorine, lead etc from it thus making it drinkable and use able. This is most sell able kind of technology in the market and the only problem is that it creates lot of water wastage.
UV (Ultra Violet) uses radiations to kill contaminants and different microorganisms. The problem with this technology is that it can’t completely filter the water if it’s muddy, water pressure is low or if TDS in water level is high like >500 mg/Liter.
UF (Ultra Filtration) contains hollow fiber threaded membrane to purify water. Its key advantage is that it can work if the water quality is muddy or low water pressure is there moreover it doesn’t require electricity to work.
The key problem with both UV and UF is that the germs and bacteria dead bodies do remain in the filtered water and nor they help in enhancing the taste and odor of water. Therefore at many places solely use of UF or UV based technology is prohibited or recommended they have to be used in addition with others like RO+UV, RO+UV+UF etc.
Now before buying your water purifier keep these things in your mind:
- Check your water source and its TDS level. Ex: Whether it is from Dams, Lake, Ground water etc. Lower the TDS better it is.
- After checking TDS level sees which membrane you could use like RO, UV, UF or NF.
- Never fall into marketing gimmicks as some companies nowadays suggest you to take water purifier with UV+UF+RO technology whereas in reality you don’t even need them all together. This is just for them to charge handsome money from their customer.
- If possible try using machines which uses steel coating in their membrane as plastic and aluminum is dangerous for your health.
- Lastly always remember compromising with the water purifier quality is ultimately compromising with your life. So choice is all yours!!
Visit our store www.bepure.store to know more about water purifiers